Central Confinement Service (CCS), Ltd. was founded in Columbus, Nebraska in 1982, by Mark Gearhart. The company had humble beginnings with sales taking place out of the basement of the Gearhart home and manufacturing being accomplished in a small garage. The original investment in the company was $3,000.00, and the initial goal of the company was simple, “to offer our customers the best built livestock confinement buildings available in the Midwest.”
The company grew rapidly on the reputation of being the highest quality builder in the confinement industry. In 1983, the office portion of our current operation was built on a 6-acre tract of land northwest of Columbus, Nebraska. Today, after numerous expansions CCS operates from this location that serves as office, manufacturing, and warehouse.
Growth continued each year, and CCS added new divisions of manufacturing, including the production of stainless steel components for facilities. CCS has diversified into stainless products and design, for the packing, food processing, and numerous other industries.
In 1998, CCS began to research the dairy industry. After 2 years of research and design, CCS entered the dairy design-built construction business with a contract in Wendell, ID for a 6000 cow facility and has built many custom dairy projects to date.
In 1999, overall sales at CCS placed us as one of the top companies in the U.S. that specialize in turn-key animal housing facilties.
In 2010, CCS entered the beef housing arena and has quickly become well respected in the design and construction of beef housing.
CCS continues to carry the reputation as the highest quality builder of animal agricultural facilities in the U.S. and looks forward to growth in both the U.S. and world markets, as demand for professional companies in the animal agricultural industry continues to grow into the 21st century.
Our goal remains simple: not to be the largest, but simply the best designer, builder, and manufacturer to the industries we serve. Understanding the importance of high quality design, construction, and equipment makes CCS unique.
At CCS the facilities and equipment are custom adapted to meet each producer’s individual production and financial needs.
- Our Expert design team and years of knowledge in animal agricultural building allows us to design highly productive, efficient, and low maintenance facilities.
Equipment and Job Shop Manufacturing…
- We have both stainless steel and mild steel manufacturing facilities to create custom equipment and parts that will provide you the best design and application to fit your needs.
- CCS incorporates only the highest quality materials in all manufactured products.
- Our job shop Mid-Plains Industries continues to work on process improvement and state of the art manufacturing equipment and techniques.
- Our experienced construction personnel will add to your assurance of the best built facilities available today.
- At CCS we are dedicated to perfection. We believe in these three key elements of design that lead to highly profitable productive systems:
- Animal Engineering
- Human Engineering
- Durable Housing and Equipment
No other company operates with our dedication to human and animal engineering. We continue to set exceptionally high standards of quality and excellence.
Thank you to all of our great clients for over 30 years of successful operations!
If you are not already a CCS client, call us at 800-443-8305 to explore how our services may be a great fit for your operations.