Come Join Our Team!
This is your opportunity to join and become a part of a fast growing company. Central Confinement Service & Mid-Plains Industries represents over 35 years of professional experience for the agriculture and commercial industries. Whether you’re looking for a career in accounting, purchasing, drafting, or anything construction or manufacturing related, we’d love to the opportunity to get to know you! We offer competitive wages, retirement plans, paid time-off, health, dental, and vision insurance, and much more!
For manufacturing jobs, please visit the Mid-Plains Industries website!
- Prepares bids and cost estimates that address every part of a building project.
- Calculates the total cost of building projects.
- Oversees and consults with salesman and draftsperson for development of prints.
- Helps keep building projects within the client’s budget limitations.
- Makes sure that all cost estimates submitted by a contractor are as accurate as possible.
- Examines buildings that are in poor condition to determine the costs of repairs.
- Works with surveyors to estimate the types and amounts of materials needed to complete the construction job.
- Estimates the cost of equipment needed for a job.
- Estimates costs of inclement weather and unforeseen events.
- Consults with experts to get advice on difficult cost estimations.
- Estimates labor costs for a project.
- Evaluates the cost effectiveness of a product’s use and makes changes where necessary to improve overall cost effectiveness.
- Develops complete budgets and plans for projects.
- Tracks all costs from the inception of the building project to its conclusion.
- Re-figures cost estimates when necessary.
- Submits customized reports to clients.
- Offers advice to contractors as to whether or not it is cost effective to try different materials or products.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Mathematical Skills.
- Mechanical Knowledge.
- Teamwork Orientation.
- Valid driver’s license. Must have good motor vehicle record.
- Familiar with project management softwares to include MS Project, Excel, Timberline Estimating.
- High school diploma or greater.
- Trade school, 2 year.
- Good understanding of construction processes and building science.
- Two to three year experience working in the construction industry.
- 1 year estimating experience
- OSHA 10 hour certification.
- The Site Superintendent’s responsibility includes the overall day-to-day supervision of field related construction and remodeling activities for one or a number of locally grouped projects.
- directing craft personnel and subcontractors
- interfacing with client to insure their satisfaction
- overseeing individual projects to assure compliance with the scope and quality as established by the contract documents
- enforcement of site cleanliness, safety, health, and substance abuse programs
- pro-actively anticipating and solving problems that could delay construction
- physically inspecting projects to monitor progress and compliance with project standards
- maintaining QC/QA files and updating as-built drawings
- attending and conducting regularly scheduled progress meetings.
- Complete understanding of all phases of construction
- Ability to schedule and multitask
- Good organization, written and oral communication skills
- Travel required.
- A basic degree in Construction Management or equivalent experience
- Must provide two or more professional references.
- 3-5 years Construction Superintendent experience
- Driver’s License, Good driving record
- 10 Hr OSHA Certification
- Ability to walk without much difficulty on rough terrain, or in muddy conditions.
- Ability to work in various weather conditions from extreme heat, rain, snow, or cold weather.
- Requires reasonably good vision and hearing.
- Bending. Upper and lower back extremities.
- Stooping. Bending legs and lower back extremities.
- Reaching. Pulling upper and lower extremities.
Please contact Kelly Schmidt in Human Resources with any questions you may have regarding current openings. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or Call 402-563-6053. We’d be happy to help you! To apply, submit your resume on our website, email it to Kelly, stop in our office, or mail your application to Central Confinement Service at PO Box 1332, Columbus, NE 68602.
Note: Central Confinement Service is an equal opportunity employer and values the contributions of its diverse workforce. Central Confinement Service LLC is only legally able to hire persons who are 1) a United States citizen or national, 2) a lawful permanent resident of the United States, or 3) an alien legally authorized to work in the United States.