Marketing Your Meat Products from a Processing Facility
CCS Team hosted a webinar on June 30 at 1:00 pm with the interviewee, Kevin Barnhill of Blair Meat Market. This webinar was focused on the topic of how to market the meat products from a processing facility.
Based out of Blair NE, Kevin owns Blair Meat Market – a family-owned custom meat market.
They are a USDA inspected processing plant and have a full-service meat counter. They make everything they sell. All of the bacon, sausages, and lunch meats are made right in their butchering shop and are only of the highest quality. They also offer products out of our smokehouse that is ready to eat.
Kevin has 30 years of experience in beef purchasing and sales. He has an impressive career portfolio – including:
– Director of Beef Purchasing, Director of Portion Steaks, and Beef Sales with ConAgra Foods
– Technical Sales with Sampco Inc. a branch of JBS
– VP Procurement of Adams Land & Cattle
|Thanks to everyone who tuned into the webinar! If you didn’t catch the webinar live, you can watch a recorded version of the webinar below.|
Here are 3 Big Takeaways From the Discussion:
- Come up with a marketing plan for the entire carcass of the animal, not just the premium products
- Consistency = Success – It is important to make your processes repeatable and consistent
- Smoke the offal cuts to sell them as pet food – This can change an expense into an income